MAJORS, AGE 10 - 12
Our most competitive league, with excellent strategic play opportunities for the serious player. This league features a limited number of team and spots. Placement is based on evaluations at mandatory tryouts and teams are selected by a coaches draft system, attempting to find parity amoung teams to ensure highly rewarding play.
Every effort will be made to place players that are Age 12 in Majors but only if they are registered by the March deadline and attend Tryouts.
- Season runs from April to late May
- Each child receives a t-shirt and hat (you provide helmets, baseball pants and cleats or appropriate exercise shoes)
- Teams will have 12 players each, to be drafted by MAJORS coaches
- Teams will have up to 4 practices / games per week
- Teams will be comprised predominantly of 12s, 11s and possibly one 10 year old.
- There are standings and playoffs
- Tryouts are mandatory for all players, including players who are returning to Majors for a second or third year
For more information, please contact VP - Majors
PLEASE NOTE: If your player is less experienced and prefers to play at the AAA level, this is an option.
Additionally, players Age 10 and 11 who perform at the top of their game may be offered the opportunity to play in MAJORS, based on evaluations made by a broad range of coaches at (mandatory) Tryouts.
Want to Volunteer as an Assistant Coach or Scorekeeper?
Teams will need multiple coaches to help with station-based practices and split squad scrimmages. No past experience is necessary as the head coach and other experienced coaches will be on hand for "coaching the coaches".
BYB also holds a one night coaching clinic prior to the start of the season.