SINGLE A, AGE 7 - 8
Designed to teach sound fundamentals and a love of the game.
PLEASE NOTE: FOR PLAYERS, AGE 8, WITH MORE BASEBALL EXPERIENCE, JOINING THE DOUBLE A LEAGUE IS AN OPTION. FOR MORE INFORMATION, CLICK HERE...
- Season runs from April to late May/early June
- Each child receives a t-shirt and hat (you provide helmets, baseball pants and cleats or appropriate exercise shoes)
- Teams will meet twice each week (90 mins each) on either a Tuesday-Sunday or Wednesday-Sunday schedule
- Most events are held at Lawrence Field
- Weekday sessions start at 5:30 PM
- Sunday start times will vary week to week, between midday and early evening
- Teams will be organized primarily by school, with an aim to have 1 - 3 schools represented on each team
- We use an innovative station-based practice format that emphasizes pacing, fundamental learning and fun
- New players will learn basic skills from the ground up. More experienced players will take their skills to the next level through advanced drill work and skill competitions
- Games will make use of pitching machines, with rules that have been modified for younger players - we will employ coach pitching as needed
- We emphasize fun by engaging our players in fast moving, split squad games – limits each side to 5-8 players. No scores or standings, just fun!
For more information, please contact VP - Single A
Want to help out as a volunteer coach or scorekeeper?
Teams will need multiple coaches to help with station-based practices and split squad scrimmages. No past experience is necessary as the head coach and other experienced coaches will be on hand for "coaching the coaches".
BYB also holds a one night coaching clinic prior to the start of the season.