DOUBLE A (AA), AGE 8 - 9
This is the beginning of competitive baseball, focusing on the development of position and game skills.
- Season runs from April to late May
- Each child receives a t-shirt and hat (you provide helmets, baseball pants and cleats or appropriate exercise shoes)
- Teams will meet three times a week for practices and games
- Field and schedule assignments will be allocated after teams and coaches are determined
- Scores are kept, and the “real games” are played
- The season will begin with the use of pitching machines in games, players will also participate in pitching drills and clinics and games will gradually integrate kid-pitch
- Kids will be placed on teams based on coach evaluations and there is an emphasis on creating balanced teams of kids from different schools
For more information, please contact Co-VPs, Double A
PLEASE NOTE: FOR PLAYERS, AGE 8, WITH LITTLE OR NO BASEBALL EXPERIENCE, JOINING THE SINGLE A LEAGUE IS AN OPTION. FOR MORE INFORMATION, CLICK HERE...
Want to help out as a volunteer coach or scorekeeper?
Teams will need multiple coaches to help with station-based practices and split squad scrimmages. No past experience is necessary as the head coach and other experienced coaches will be on hand for "coaching the coaches".
BYB also holds a one night coaching clinic prior to the start of the season.